Re: [squid-users] About a squid manager system

From: SM <sm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:20:20 -0700

At 09:05 18-03-2007, Felix New wrote:
>now, i want somebody can give me some ideas that how to parse the
>squid.conf appropriately and how to generate a correct new squid.conf
>by the info stored in my database. more or less, the number of
>statements of squid.conf bigger than 200, and some statements is
>sequence dependent...

It's easy to parse the squid.conf directives and save the settings in
a database. Let's assume that you are working from a good
configuration, i.e no syntax errors. If you want to change all the
settings and generate a new squid.conf file, it's non-trivial as it's
a multi-level configuration file. There are also some settings that
can occur more than once. The sequence dependent statements aren't
that difficult.

I suggest that you start by looking into how the directives and
settings will be stored in the database. Once you have done that, it
will be easier to write the parser.

Regards,
-sm