[squid-users] Logging only authentications

From: Korell, Doug <DKorell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:31:54 -0700

I am using Squid for one purpose only, to force PC's with generic
Windows logins to authenticate using AD credentials when accessing the
Internet. I have Squid configured and it's working fine, except the
access.log of course logs all website hits (which we also have Websense
doing). At first I didn't think this would be a big deal but in testing,
if I hit just the mainpage for a site like cnn.com, it logs 150 entries.

So, is there some way I can log only LDAP authentications and if they
were successful or unsuccessful? Websense is close to doing what I need
but when you turn on manual authentication, it turns it on for everyone
and you can't exempt which I need to do for some devices that aren't in
active directory.

Thanks.

message.