Re: [squid-users] Denying write access to the cache

From: Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:44:06 +0100

On 3/24/07, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> This is a problem for your web server configuration then. Your cache and
> others around the world can be expected to cache any content that they
> are allowed to.
> The best way to prevent this content being cached is for the originating
> web server to mark it as non-cachable using "Pragma: no-cache" and
> "Cache-Control: no-cache"

Yes, you're right. I was a bit too much into the squid configuration
for this migration to look elsewhere. The only drawback to this
solution is that we'll have to maintain 2 lists of bots user-agents,
one on the squid servers and the others on the apache servers but we
can probably write a script to generate both conf from a common config
file.

I'll see if the use of mod_setenvif and mod_headers on my apache
servers doesn't imply too much additionnal load on them. I don't want
to modify the application for that sort of things.

Thanks for you feedback.

--
Guillaume