Re: [squid-users] logging auth users & statistics for the same

From: <dhottinger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 06:46:58 -0400

Quoting Garry Glendown <Garry.Glendown@nethinks.com>:

> Garry Glendown wrote:
>> one of our customers has asked about getting some information about the
>> amount of surfing users are doing. Problem is that most users are using
>> terminal servers to do their surfing, so all I get at the moment is the
>> IP addresses of the multiple terminal servers. Users are authenticated
>> for web access. I've already located a patch to Squid to add the
>> authenticated user name to logg (http://devel.squid-cache.org/customlog
>> ), question is what can I use to generate the stats? I've tried
>> Calamaris by creating Apache log style, and manually put a user name in
>> the Apache style log lines, but Calamaris doesn't seem to include user
>> statistics. The current stable version 2.59 doesn't have it, though at
>> least it's able to parse the "emulated" logg file, 2.99 doesn't seem to
>> have that style format at all anymore ...
>
> Nobody?
>
> Tnx, -garry

I seem to recall seeing something on freshmeat or sourceforge that did
this. It was a perl script that parsed squid files and put them into
a mysql database. It had a web interface and you could search by
username. I'll check today and see if I have the name.

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator