Re: [squid-users] Re: squid 3 + content encode

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:52:53 +1200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> ons 2007-03-28 klockan 16:45 +0700 skrev Wahyu:
>> l saw on /usr/share/libtool libtool.m4 is on there, then i try
>> cat /usr/share/libtool/libtool.m4 >>acinclude.m4 but the error is
>> still exist when i run bootstrap.sh..
>>
>> is there any posible that the problem is incorect version of tool
>> (automake, libtool, etc) that i use?
>
> Hmm.. checking. AC_LTDL_DLLIB is from libltdl, the library provided by
> libtool. Check if you have a ltdl.m4 file and that libltdl is installed.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Sigh,
   this is the same problem I encountered and posted a fix for earlier
this month, and the month before....

Check that you have a recent version of automake and libltdl-dev
explicitly installed. On some package-based systems (Debian etc) the
'automake' package does not necessarily pull them properly.
Those systems need automake1.x installed seperately.

The full details I wrote up earlier are here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-dev@squid-cache.org/msg05214.html

Amos