Re: [squid-users] URL Redirecting...

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:53:47 -0800

Charl Loubser wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would just like to know what is the easiest way, and the easiest
> thing to use to to url redirecting with squid. What should I use for
> this. I also need whatever it is to be quite easy to configure, seeing
> as I do not have enough time to figure out how regular expressions
> work (pyredir)...
>
> what I am trying to accomplish is to have squid redirect anyone that
> browses to 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.2
>
> Thanx everyone!!!
>
> -- C

acl oldSite dst 192.168.0.1
deny_info http://192.168.1.2/ oldSite
http_access deny oldSite

Any access to 192.168.0.1 will be directed to the main page of
192.168.1.2 via a 302 (Moved Temporarily).

If you have the same URL structure on both servers you can use a %s on
the deny_info line to pass them to the URL on the new server. More
details are available in the default squid.conf.

Chris