Re: [squid-users] Large ACL problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 00:18:30 +0200

ons 2007-03-28 klockan 15:48 -0400 skrev Chris Rosset:

> I remember your last email pointed me towards looking at the ACL's,
> sounds like the url_regex are most intensive since they pattern match
> on the whole url?

Its not so much the fact that it needs to match on the whole URL as the
fact that it needs to evaluate each and every pattern you have (all 8K
of them) on the whole URL..

> and the entries in this acl are all like
> \.100percentcash.com$

That kind of pattern really really should be placed into a dstdomain acl
as .100percentcash.com

> I tried installing squidguard, but had problems installing so far,

Begin by sorting your data into what must be regex patterns and what
fits better into the structured acls (i.e. dstdomain).

REgards
Henrik