[squid-users] POST fails when Parent proxy is used.

From: Thomas Nilsen <Thomas.Nilsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 10:42:33 +0200

We've got a test install of win32 2.6.stable10 on a remote site. For
general internet access we pass the requests on to a parent proxy hosted
by the ISP.

The following two entries in the squid.conf relates to the proxy setup.

cache_peer proxy1.emirates.net.ae parent 8080 3130 no-query
cache_peer_domain proxy1.emirates.net.ae !roxar.com

This should pass all traffic on to the ISP proxy apart from requests to
*.roxar.com sites. This part works as expected, but once we access an
external site that has a form using POST, the following is logged in the
access.log, which to me indicates that it no longer uses the parent
proxy when submitting the form via POST

1175675571.750 16 127.0.0.1 TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS/000 0 GET
http://www.crossley-nilsen.com/brage/include/htmlarea/htmlarea.css -
FIRST_UP_PARENT/proxy1.emirates.net.ae -
1175675642.797 63891 127.0.0.1 TCP_MISS/503 1613 POST
http://www.crossley-nilsen.com/brage/index.php - DIRECT/195.47.247.65
text/html

I assume this isn't normal behaviour, or did I miss something in the
config?

Best Regards,
Thomas Nilsen

Linux - The ultimate Windows service pack

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Roxar Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.