Re: [squid-users] POST fails when Parent proxy is used.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 11:18:47 +0200

ons 2007-04-04 klockan 10:42 +0200 skrev Thomas Nilsen:

> cache_peer proxy1.emirates.net.ae parent 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer_domain proxy1.emirates.net.ae !roxar.com
>
> This should pass all traffic on to the ISP proxy apart from requests to
> *.roxar.com sites.

Not quite..

it will pass all cachable traffic to the ISP proxy. For requests which
can not be satisfied from a cache it will still go direct.

> This part works as expected, but once we access an
> external site that has a form using POST, the following is logged in the
> access.log, which to me indicates that it no longer uses the parent
> proxy when submitting the form via POST

> I assume this isn't normal behaviour, or did I miss something in the
> config?

It's normal with your configuration. See the never_direct directive.

> DISCLAIMER:
> confidential and is the property of the Roxar Group. It is intended
> only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
> intended recipient, you are not authorised to read, print, retain,
> copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part
> thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
> sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Please DO NOT send such disclaimers in public messages. It's like
putting a sign on your public web site saying "this information is
confidential, please do not read it, go away please and never come back,
we don't want to communicate with you".