Re: [squid-users] external_acl_type: what causes squid to restart/reload helpers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 23:42:19 +0200

ons 2007-04-04 klockan 16:37 +0100 skrev Joao Ferreira:

> I'dd like to know when/how does squid terminate it's external ACL
> helpers.

Whenever you rotate logs, restart Squid or the helpers crashes.

> 1 - When do they terminate ?

When their input is closed by Squid (EOF).

> 2 - How can I force them to terminate and restart, in order, for
> example, to reaload fresh information from disk ?

"squid -k rotate".

Or add support in the helper for reloading it's information without
restart. For example a sighup handler like most software have, or
periodically monitoring the needed resources for change.. (done for
example by ncsa_auth).