[squid-users] external_acl_type: what causes squid to restart/reload helpers

From: Joao Ferreira <joao.miguel.c.ferreira@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 16:37:36 +0100

Hello all,

I'dd like to know when/how does squid terminate it's external ACL
helpers.

If I understand correctly squid launches the ACL external programs and
they operate in an infinite loop reading from STDIN and writing to
STDOUT (ERR or OK).

1 - When do they terminate ?

2 - How can I force them to terminate and restart, in order, for
example, to reaload fresh information from disk ?

Thanks

Joao
jmf