Re: [squid-users] Error Pages - Can I Customize Them Easliy

From: Justin Doles <Justin.Doles@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 11:15:49 -0400

Yes you can use an HTML editor or a text editor.

Where you add the logo is up to you. You would need to reference an image file on the server or another internal server for the logo.

If you're not too familiar with HTML, check out www.w3schools.com. They have some easy to understand tutorials.

Justin Doles

Justin Doles

>>> "Vadim Pushkin" <wiskbroom@hotmail.com> 04/06/2007 10:03 AM >>>
Yes, I know, but do I edit with an html editor? How and where do I add a
logo?

>From: "Justin Doles" <Justin.Doles@LibertySavingsBank.com>

>Look in /usr/local/squid/share/errors. This is where the templates for
>your language are kept.
>
>Justin Doles

>Hello;
>
>I pretty much have only English and Russian language defined for my local
>users and would like to customize my error pages to show our school colors,
>logo if possible, and some other help and contact info.
>
>Has anyone done this? If so, would you mind either sharing your notes or
>your modified error pages?
>
>Thanks,
>
>.vp

named recipient(s) only.