[squid-users] URL access-restriction alternatives to "htadeny"

From: Jason Taylor <j@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:21:51 -0400

Hello list,

Is it possible to have the URL-filter deny action not be to just serve
an "access denied" page, but to rather
serve up a "page is against policy, click here to access anyway" page?

Would this be done through a "redirector" program? Any pointers?

I think that putting this in place would greatly reduce the complexity
of our filter rules not to mention reduce support calls to our helpdesk
for configuring our proxy filters to "unblock" sites that should not be
blocked. This sort of setup would turn a "showstopper" access-denied
error into a "minor annoyance" that can be put off to a more convenient
time.

Cheers,

/Jason