Re: [squid-users] Redirecting no proxy users to a PAC file automatically

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:25:41 +0200

tis 2007-04-10 klockan 16:50 -0400 skrev Oliver Schulze L.:

> How I can redirect any URL to a website?

The same way you do interception caching. A firewall NAT rule which
rewrites any port 80 traffic to instead send it to a web server of
yours..

> And, how can I create a PAC file so that the user click on the URL and
> his browser configures itself to use the proxy?

Not sure you can.. but you can probably write a Windows command file
which installs the location of the PAC into the browser preferences.

You can also look into using WPAD, automatic proxy discovery (or to be
exact automatic PAC file location discovery).