[squid-users] URL cnbc.com : Video Streaming Problems.

From: <vincent.blondel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:36:15 +0200

Hello all,

Our dealing room is trying to read some video streaming on www.cnbc.com
( Menu Video / Click on a Video ) but we encounter lots of problems with
it because we cannot view these videos.

We are using Squid-2.5-STABLE12 and it is not working. We also tried it
with a very light config on Squid-2.6-STABLE12 on Ubuntu and we get
exactly the same problem.

Finally if you try this on a classic w2k desktop with Internet Explorer,
we do not get any problem. I looked at the headers, mime-types but do
not find anything that can explain this blocking situation.

http_port 3128
cache_effective_user proxy
cache_effective_group proxy
access_log /var/log/squid/access.log
cache_log /var/log/squid/cache.log
cache_store_log none
cache_dir null /null
hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?
acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
no_cache deny QUERY
refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8
acl SSL_ports port 443 563 # https, snews
acl Safe_ports port 80 # http
acl Safe_ports port 21 # ftp
acl Safe_ports port 443 563 # https, snews
acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535 # unregistered ports
acl purge method PURGE
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
http_access allow purge localhost
http_access deny purge
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access allow all
http_reply_access allow all
icp_access allow all
coredump_dir /var/spool/squid

Many thanks to help us resolving this problem.

Regards

Vincent Blondel
ING South West Europe
Ops&IT Banking Infrastructure
ITI DCO GBS NM Team 3
Cours Saint Michel, 60
1040 Bruxelles - Belgium
CSM 3-T2 - TLL 23
* +32 2 738 43 73
* vincent.blondel@ing.be
________
Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended for the exclusive use by the person(s)
 mentioned as recipient(s).
This e-mail and its attachments, if any, contain confidential information
and/or information protected by intellectual property rights or other rights.
This e-mail does not constitute any commitment for ING or its subsidiaries
except when expressly otherwise agreed in a written agreement between the
intended recipient and the originating subsidiaries of ING, sender of the mail.
If you receive this message by mistake, please, notify the sender with the
"reply" option and delete immediately this e-mail from your system, and
destroy all copies of it.
You may not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy,
 this e-mail or any part of it if you are not the intended recipient.
You have to take at any time all necessary measures against viruses.