Re: [squid-users] SQUID configuration for HTTP 0.9

From: George Ciuperca <cg2you@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 00:43:16 -0700 (PDT)

--- Henrik Nordström <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
wrote:

> fre 2007-04-13 klockan 02:22 -0700 skrev George
> Ciuperca:
>
> > We have a squid 2.5.14 deployed here and we
> have
> > simple HTTP 0.9 GET requests for an apache
> server.The
> > problem is that squid is converting our request to
> > HTTP 1.0 and the apache server treats it as an
> HTTP
> > 1.0 and responds accordingly.
>
> Yes. And Squid MUST according to the RFCs.
>
> However, the response to the client from Squid
> should be HTTP/0.9 in
> this case.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Thank you for your response!

     But from what you're saying I understand that
SQUID knows when a client sends a HTTP/0.9 request,
converts it in a HTTP/1.0 one and when the response
comes from Apache in 1.0 form, it will change it back
into HTTP/0.9 form. This is not happening in our case,
SQUID responding back to the client with 1.0 form
(with all the headers). Can you please tell me how to
setup SQUID to remove all the headers in the response
back to the client? We only use HTTP for transport
purposes so we do not want headers to overhead our
communication. Thanks again and I'm looking forward
for your answer!Best Regards!