[squid-users] HTTP redirect and HTTPS

From: Jack Murray <jack@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:16:00 -0700

Hello, we are using Squid as a HTTPS gateway to backend servers, and we
would like to have squid also force redirects from HTTP to HTTPS.
I tried doing this with v2.5.14 using a rewriter that returns a 302:url,
but it gets into an infinite loop because when it gets a HTTPS request
the rewriter still sees a http:// in the url passed to the rewriter.
 Is this a bug in 2.5.14? Or in general what is a suggestion for doing
the http to https redirect along with the https gateway. btw, we tried
using stunnel and it was too slow and unreliable, squid is much better.
Jack