Re: [squid-users] Squid and Mirrored Router Ports

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:34:51 +0200

tis 2007-04-17 klockan 20:55 +1000 skrev Edward C. Jakosalem:

> I have posted this same problem before but I want to post it again because
> I am pressured to make this work with Squid. I know that Squid's use is
> either an accelerator or proxy or both. But we want Squid to _only_
> capture web traffic and log them, that's all. As such, I have configured
> my server to act as transparent proxy.

I don't quite get what you are trying to do here.. Do you want Squid to
act as a transparent proxy by intercepting port 80 traffic and have it
redirected to Squid, or do you just want to audit the port 80 traffic
without actually touching the packets by just listening on a switch
mirror/monitor port?

The first can be done by Squid, and any of the interception methods will
work. WCCP, Policy routing etc..

The second is not a job for Squid. You need a packet analyzer/auditor
for this. There is quite many different ones depending on what you are
looking for..