Re: [squid-users] Multiple squid servers + ldap authentication + wccp or "Super Proxy Script"

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:05:54 +0800

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007, chowalit.lab Chowalit Lab Linux wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> Thanks for you help again.
> FYI
> >Limitations on interception and authentication still stand.

> So there are no way to solve this problem? My object is failover
> system with authentication.
> Squid with NTLM can help to fix this problem?

* Use proxy autodetection (WPAD)
* Have the autoconfig file point to a HA load balancing device AND/OR specify multiple
  proxy servers as possible proxies in the config file
* have the proxy configuration specify the proxy (or more), then DIRECT as the last
  option - if the proxies die then the client can go direct.

Adrian