Re: [squid-users] Multiple squid servers + ldap authentication + wccp or "Super Proxy Script"

From: chowalit.lab Chowalit Lab Linux <chowalit.lab@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:14:16 +0700

Hi Adrian,
    Thanks for your help. FYI
> * Use proxy autodetection (WPAD)
It's the same as "Super Proxy Script" that I claim in first.

 As I know (Sorry if I have some miss-understanding), It's the same
result if I implement either wccp or WPAD. There are difference in
client setting up. Client don't need to set anything on browser but
WPAD need.

> * Have the autoconfig file point to a HA load balancing device AND/OR specify multiple
 proxy servers as possible proxies in the config file
Sorry I'm not clear. However, as Chris claimed that HA is not fix this problem.
Please explain clearly.

Thanks
Chong