[squid-users] Problem with large blacklist

From: Mark Barlow <mark.barlow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 12:25:25 +0100

Hi,
Can anyone help with my problem.
I am using the squidguard blacklists with my squid server.  However when I
try to use the porn blacklists which have in excess of 600,000 entries the
proxy keels over.  I am using a dstdom_regex –i ACL to use the list, but
when I try to add it in squid crashes.  I have 3GB of physical memory in the
box yet it still doesn’t seem to cope.

The list is a domain list only without host name, so as I understand it I
can’t use a dstdomain ACL.

Cheers

Mark.