[squid-users] reverse proxy url visible problem

From: Tony Clark <tclark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 01:19:25 -0400

I have a back end web server running jboss on Windows.

I am running squid in a reverse proxy configuration. Everything works,
except when squid redirects to the web server, the browser shows the URL
of the back end web server.

This is especially problematic because the back end web server has a
public IP address (192.168.1.1 for example - which means nothing on the
web).

I have another site with the exact same configuration, but a different
back end web server. I copied the squid files between sites.

It works fine at one site and not at the other.

I appreciate any help or advice.