[squid-users] Multiple DNs LDAP Question

From: Steve Heidrich <SHeidrich@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:54:06 -0400

Hello,

Trying to authenticate via Novell eDirectory in an environment where we
have multiple o's in the LDAP structure.

Problem is, we can multiple occurrences of a username in the LDAP
directory. Novell takes care of this by allowing the user to choose what
DN they are going to use at login time. But the SQUID_LDAP_AUTH will
only traverse the directory until the first occurrence of the username
and stop, only using that one to bounce login information from.

Our current auth string looks like this, binding to the top of the
eDirectory:
squid_ldap_auth -b "" -s sub -d -f "cn=%s" -h <ip> -p 389 -Z -a find

Is there a way to make LDAP auth find all occurrence of a username, or
to have it continue on to the others once one auth fails? Or, is there
some way to have a dynamic bind based on the credentials entered?

Or, what may solve our problem would just be to create a unique alias
for everyone for authentication, however, we can't seem to get Aliases
to work for authentication. At the command line it will find them ok,
but when it tries to authenticate, you get the 'Err Success' message.
We've tried the different settings for Alias without luck.

Any guidance or ideas would be excellent!

Thank you!

This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to act on behalf of the intended recipient) of this message, you may not disclose, forward, distribute, copy, or use this message or its contents. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message and any copy from your e-mail system. Thank you.

Nationwide Credit, Inc.
"Achieving Excellence for our Customers"