Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.6 Stable 9 NTLM Authentication

From: Chris Nighswonger <cnighswonger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:32:17 -0400

On 4/24/07, Brian Kirk <bekirk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Chris, but I the client_persistent_connections is on by
> default, and I couldn't find a setting in the squid.conf for the
> persistent_connection_after_error is that new to squid 2.6?

I'm not sure if this directive is new to 2.6, but here is a clip from
squid.conf showing where it appears:

# TAG: client_persistent_connections
# TAG: server_persistent_connections
# Persistent connection support for clients and servers. By
# default, Squid uses persistent connections (when allowed)
# with its clients and servers. You can use these options to
# disable persistent connections with clients and/or servers.
#
#Default:
client_persistent_connections on
server_persistent_connections on

# TAG: persistent_connection_after_error
# With this directive the use of persistent connections after
# HTTP errors can be disabled. Useful if you have clients
# who fail to handle errors on persistent connections proper.
#
#Default:
persistent_connection_after_error on

I'm not a squid guru yet so this may be a question for someone in that
catagory.... :)

Chris