Re: [squid-users] COSS causing squid Segment Violation on FreeBSD 6.2S

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:37:30 +0800

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007, Mark Powell wrote:

> >#define EINVAL 22 /* Invalid argument */
>
> It's the same here :)

Phew.

> >So there's two things; why is there a problem, and why is the object
> >relocate
> >code handling said error so badly? It looks like the ctrlp doesn't have
> >the object offse for some reason, which is slightly annoying.
> >There's onlly a couple of things that can go wrong with readp() that
> >returns EINVAL..
>
> What does all this mean to me? :)

It means "Adrian's figuring it out."

> Would using the functions from the kernel aio module make any
> difference? If so, how would I get the port to use them? I see you are the
> port maintainer too :)
> Many thanks.

Maybe, although I'd like to figure out why the IO request is actually failing.
That can come after we've figured out why its crashing (ie, we can add in
a few lines to log specific details about the failed IO request.)

I'd stay away from the posix AIO code though; its reasonably naive and
was meant for development. I know how to make it more "optimal" and suited
to production use but it'd take time I don't have. :(

And no, I'm not the port maintainer for FreeBSD's squid port anymore.
Ran out of time. :)

Adrian