Re: [squid-users] COSS causing squid Segment Violation on FreeBSD 6.2S

From: Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:29:09 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2007, Mark Powell wrote:
>> Would using the functions from the kernel aio module make any
>> difference? If so, how would I get the port to use them? I see you are the
>> port maintainer too :)
>
> Maybe, although I'd like to figure out why the IO request is actually failing.
> That can come after we've figured out why its crashing (ie, we can add in
> a few lines to log specific details about the failed IO request.)

I'll add that code from the other message you sent me.

> I'd stay away from the posix AIO code though; its reasonably naive and
> was meant for development. I know how to make it more "optimal" and suited
> to production use but it'd take time I don't have. :(

Do you mean I should be using the kernel module or not?
   I assume that it will use the kernel code when:

#define USE_AUFSOPS 0

?

> And no, I'm not the port maintainer for FreeBSD's squid port anymore.
> Ran out of time. :)

I see. I read it wrong. You created the port, but miwi is currently
maintaining it.
   Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information Services Division, Clifford Whitworth Building,