Re: [squid-users] Multiple squid servers + ldap authentication + wccp or "Super Proxy Script"

From: chowalit.lab Chowalit Lab Linux <chowalit.lab@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 22:16:01 +0700

Dear All
  First of all, Thanks you for everyone who posted and help me. I have
appropriate solution for my system. Let's me share my idea.
   - I have 2 Box of squid proxy : proxy1=10.1.1.11 , proxy2=10.1.1.12
   - I want client to authenticate with AD account , windows 2003
server. I use squid_ldap_auth to access AD account.
   - I use cache_peer to load balance
   - I use monit for my fail over. I have problem to solve with HA
because I use each server as different function i.e. proxy1 -->
proxy,DHCP, proxy2 --> proxy, DNS.
   - DNS Alias can help me to improve fail over : "mainproxy" =
10.1.1.11, 10.1.1.12
   - In client's browser, I set "manual proxy configuration" as mainproxy:8080
   - In proxy1 has configuration like this
         : squid.conf --> squid_ldap_auth, http_port 8080 , cache_peer to proxy2
   - In proxy2
         : squid.conf --> squid , http_port 3128, cache_peer to proxy1
         : monit --> keep watching on proxy2's port 8080. If proxy1
down proxy1 will replicate with squid.conf like this -->
squid_ldap_auth , http_port 8080. If proxy2 up again proxy1 will
roll-backup old config.

    I think I accept delay and replicate time when fail over operate.
It's ok for my requirement.

Thank
Chowalit