Re: [squid-users] Re: users are so angry {NCSA authentication} ask for password with every new page

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 03:56:45 +0200

sön 2007-04-29 klockan 03:42 +0300 skrev phpdevster:

> I hope the title explain the problem . this causing squid asking for
> authentication for each new page .

Not normal. Please explain your setup in more detail.

ttls etc not relevant. Thise are only for controlling how often Squid
verifies the supplied password with the helper. Browser always
authenticates to Squid on every request, but should hide the proxy login
dialog after the first successful request.

What I can think of is if you have configured Squid in accelerator mode.
(vhost/vport options). This is incompatible with Internet proxying..