RE: [squid-users] Squid + Policy-Based Routing + LoadBalancing/Clustering???

From: Fiero, Paul <Paul.Fiero@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 22:10:28 -0500

Ack, that isn't the answer I was looking for. We do a load balancer that we could use but, unfortunately it means traffic would go from the router, through the firewall, through the load balancer, to squid, back through the load balancer, back through the firewall then out to the internet and then it would return through that path. The reason we have the squid boxes sitting next to the firewall (logically speaking) is because of the significant amount of traffic we currently experience (1788 requests per minute on a slow day) and the fact that we want to eliminate as many potential bottlenecks as possible.

Paul Fiero, RHCE
Information Security Analyst
Communications and Technology Management Office
City of Austin
(512) 974-3559

The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission is confidential. It may also be a privileged work product or proprietary information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other than to the addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because of this information is strictly prohibited.