[squid-users] block https? (again)

From: Chuck Kollars <ckollars9@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 20:35:30 -0700 (PDT)

I know this has already been asked, and I know Hendrik
said no dice. But I still don't understand why, so I'm
going to ask the same dumb question one more time:

I want to block a whole bunch of https: proxies. I
don't need to find them or to understand them - just
block them. I already have a list of them (thanks to
urlblacklist.com and DansGuardian).

It seems encryption isn't important in this case
because nobody needs to look inside the traffic at all
just to block it completely. Why won't it work if I
configure something like this:

acl proxy dstdomain "file_blacklist_of_proxies.txt"
http_access deny proxy
http_access deny all

Let me guess:
1) Is the problem that Squid provides no flavor of
access-list restriction to quash the connection
completely; that 'http_access' only quashes port 80?
2) Is the problem that the size of the blacklist might
be very large (~10,000) and performance suffers so
much this is unworkable?

Help me understand.

tia!

-Chuck Kollars