Re: [squid-users] Resolve.conf file

From: Daniel Appleby <dappleby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 22:09:44 +1000

Can your windows box resolve fully qualified domain names (FQDN). i.e.
nslookup <name of your host> in command prompt.

My bet is you have WINS setup for your boxes which squid will look for a
dns server and not a WINS server.

Have you tried using the dns_nameservers option? If you set this option
you don't need resolv.conf

Regards
Daniel

Ganesh Balasubramanian wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've installed and configured the squid 2.6 stable 12 version in windows 2000 server. When i've the squid configured in client machine and access my web application by name ip, it works fine. But when i access the page by name i'm not able to do that.
>
> I read the wiki page, this might be due to DNS server configuration so couldn't resolve the name and need to check the resolve.conf file. But in the squid installed location \etc folder i din't find that file.
>
> How can i get that file. Is there any alternate way by which by just entering the values in the windows \drivers\etc\hosts\ file will allow me to access the page by name.
>
> I've used the hosts_file option and that too doesn't work
>
> --Ganesh.b

Daniel Appleby