[squid-users] NTLM configuration

From: Ganesh Balasubramanian <GaneshB@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 10:49:27 -0700

Guys,
Please excuse my ignorance on this one, as i'm working on this proxy server configuration only for past couple of weeks. I have installed squid 2.6x version in my win2k machine. In the same machine i had DNS server and ADS server running. In my network all i had is only windows OS.

Now i want to configure my proxy server to work with NTLM auth. From our internal application, we can configure it to use the NTLM mode, where for authentication it will take up the windows logged in user. But when i had the proxy configured in that client machine it blocks the user auth information. So i guess in the squid conf file, we need to add up those details to make it work with NTLM.

Can you help me out on to know, what is the basic configuration that has to be added in the .conf file, for the NTLM auth to work in windows OS.

Thanks for all your help on this

--Ganesh.b