[squid-users] Reverse Proxy and Authentication

From: Jo Pitts <jopitts@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 10:39:17 +1200

Good Morning All,
I've set squid up as a reverse proxy and performing header based
redirection to two servers.

Both of the two servers that are sitting behind squid require password
authentication.

I've googled, trolled through the squid archives, and experimented and
clearly I'm just not very clever, because I cannot seem to get
authentication to work. I've found a lot of half answers but nothing
that is clear enough for me (an admitted non guru)

Both of the servers normally ask for a username and password via a
standard dialog. However behind the reverse proxy, they both just come
back with access denied type messages, without a username/password
prompt in sight.

What basic and blindingly obvious step am I missing?

Cheers
Jo