[squid-users] Proper Access ACLs

From: Michael Puckett <Michael.Puckett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 16:00:51 -0700

I need to set up my squid instance so that it allows only local content to be cached, EXCEPT for access to content on a single external server. I have a proxy (extern-proxy.mydomain) that provides a path outside to reach the server "external.com". Will the following configuration directives route requests to "external.com" ONLY through "extern-proxy.mydomain" while keeping all other requests inside my own domain? Is this the correct way to do this, or is there another recommendation for configuring for this case?

cache_peer extern-proxy.mydomain parent 8181 5151 no-query no-digest

acl OUTSIDE dstdomain external.com

cache_peer_access allow OUTSIDE
cache_peer_access deny all

always_direct allow all