[squid-users] difference with java applets behaviors

From: Lionel Déruaz <lderuaz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 11:12:12 +0200

Hello to all,

when upgrading from squid 2.5 STABLE12 to squid 2.6STABLE9, i've noticed some
troubles when trying to access some https web sites using java applets.

We are using NTLM authentication for internet access, and it seems to be the
reason of the problem (user is asked to log in on a pop-up windows that keeps on
appearing, even it enters correct information).

The same websites work fine on my "old" proxy (squid 2.5 stable9), and this
proxy uses also NTLM authentication.
Do you know what could have changed in squid that explain this different
behavior ?

Any workaround is off course welcome (i know that i can make a rule to allow
java type browser not use NTLM, but i first want to find the reason of this
change ; morever this first workaround will not be accepted, by our security
team).

Thanks in advance