RE: [squid-users] pac and dat woes

From: David Gameau <David.Gameau@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 11:45:23 +0930

I can't find the singular authoritative source for the problem.
However, this is probably the best explanation I could find.
[from
http://homepages.tesco.net/J.deBoynePollard/FGA/web-browser-auto-proxy-c
onfiguration.html]

  "One caveat: Microsoft's Internet Explorer version 6.01 expects the
   string in option 252 to be NUL-terminated. As such, it
unconditionally
   strips off the final octet of the string before using it. Earlier
versions
   of Microsoft's Internet Explorer do not do this. To satisfy all
versions,
   simply explicitly include a NUL as the last octet of the string."

Regards,
David.
__

David Gameau
ISTS - Systems Infrastructure
University of South Australia

email: David.Gameau@UniSA.edu.au
phone: +61 8 302 3533
fax: +61 8 302 5800

Disclaimer: "His brain sometimes stops working." - Chiyo, Azumange Daoih