Re: [squid-users] proxy.pac config

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 11:22:00 +0800

On Fri, May 11, 2007, SSCR Internet Admin wrote:
> Thanks Adrian it works! I could see that it shift to the other server when
> I manually shutdown squid.
>
> Now, this could be a harder (for a noob like me). What if I have 500
> workstation, so I have to config each browser to use my new pac file, is
> there a way that this pac will eventually force all browser to use pac.
> Like blindly install pac on their browser when they go directly to port 80.

You can do it via WPAD DHCP or WPAD DNS (thats what WPAD is for) but it requires
users' browsers to have the "proxy autodetection" feature ticked.

Watch this list, I have a feeling I'm going to be writing a couple of Squid
Wiki articles on successfully deploying WPAD and proxy.pac files to finally
demystify the mess..

Adrian