[squid-users] Bandwidth Requirements

From: Dustin Berube <dustin.berube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 23:47:52 -0400

I am looking at implementing squid for one of my clients and have a
question regarding bandwidth usage. In the scenario I will have multiple
locations with very few PC's approximately 2-3 machines per location.

If I setup a main squid server in one of my main locations with a
standard DSL connection (3.0Mbps down and 512K up) and VPN the stores
into that main server, will I notice a large delay when waiting for
pages to load?

My second question is if I use that scenario will the internet traffic
all flow under through the proxy or will it just check the URL and then
use the default route which will be the local internet connect?

Thanks in advance.

Dustin