Re: [squid-users] PEM error on SSL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 21:33:55 +0200

fre 2007-05-11 klockan 13:48 -0500 skrev Jason Hitt:

> I've exported my cert from my IIS server and it's a .pfx file format. I renamed the file to .pem but was sure if that would work. When I launt squid with -N I get the following:

Won't work. You need to convert the certificate to PEM format first. I
don't remember the exact details, but there is an howto out on the net
somewhere explaining how to do this in order to export an certificate
from IIS to Apache.

Until you figure out how to properly extract the certificate you can
always try with a self-signed dummy certificate.

  openssl req -new -x509 -out self_signed_cert.pem -keyout self_signed_key.pem -nodes