RE: [squid-users] proxy.pac config

From: SSCR Internet Admin <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 09:53:30 +0800

That's really informative and ill try this one out. At least 75% of my
network uses IE, so I have to manually edit 25% which uses firefox and
safari (Mac users who are Spanish, better review my Spanish 101 hehe).

Last night when in bed thinking over this, ive come up an idea. When a user
try to browse directly (port 80), iptables should redirect those traffic to
a specific part on your site where it magically configures the browsers to
use PAC. So no user intervention or manual config will occur, I guess
firefox can be configured automatically..

Just my two cents idea, who knows someone has already done this (not me, I
only understand programming algo but not into coding).