Re: [squid-users] Show private IP to the Internet

From: Tim Bates <tin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 18:24:59 +1000

md5 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to show private IP to the Internet with squid?

Only using the X-Forwarded-For header (I think I spelled it right).
> How can I show the client's internal IP to Internet instead of the WAN IP on squid server?

You can't have it instead... How will the server know where to send the
data back if you don't give it the real IP at some stage.
What scripts on the other end do to determine the IP is their business
(they may take one or all addresses into account).

TB