[squid-users] Collapsed forwarding question

From: BARRY J BLUMENFELD <bblumen1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 19:55:52 -0400

Hello,
     We are using squid-2.6STABLE13 on linux for our unusual application. We have a situation where
a hundred clients might request a fairly large object from squid more-or-less simultaneously. We are trying collapsed forwarding to reduce the load on the origin server. The problem is that some of the clients timeout while waiting for a reply. The question is how does squid schedule the response to multiple connections? Does it send a little bit of the object to each connection in a round-robin?Does it wait until the entire object is received before beginning the reply to those that are sharing the connection? If so, is there any chance that it could be changed to start sharing as soon as the header is received? There are no timeouts with collapsed forwarding off.

Thanks very much.
Barry