Re: [squid-users] browser (and access.log) says access denied but cache.log says it's ok?!?

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:56:31 -0800

Anton Melser wrote:
> Hi,
> I have searched high and low for this, and can't get anywhere!!! I am
> using 2.6.STABLE5 (standard debian etch package).
> I am trying to get squid to accelerate both a local apache and a
> distant apache (I only want accelerating, nothing else).
> If I set squid up on 3128 (with both local and distant apache on 80),
> then everything works fine. However, when I set up squid on 80 and
> local apache on either 81 (or whatever) or 127.0.0.1:80 then for the
> local site I get an access denied.

When you change what port Apache is listening on, did you just change
the http_port, or did you specify an IP as well in the squid.conf? Did
you change the cache_peer line in Squid? Just asking because...

> 2007/05/16 19:59:44| WARNING: Forwarding loop detected for:
> Client: anip http_port: an_ip.1:80

...this looks like it could be caused by one (or both) of those.

> Can someone tell me what is going on here? I have tried pretty much
> everything I can think of with no luck, and the boss is getting mighty
> impatient!
> Cheers
> Anton

Have a peek at the FAQ entries on accelerator setups, if you haven't
already. http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy/

Chris