RE: [squid-users] Really transparent proxy

From: Facundo Vilarnovo <fvilarnovo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:54:51 -0300

Zul,
        What variables are you referring to? We test setting up the proxy ip on the IE.
Pointing to port 3128 using http://www.whatsmyipaddress.com, as a result it says it passes the original source ip address (client's ip), but detects a proxy server. Doing totally "transparent" with wccp, nothing configured on IE, we get the same results.
The point is we are still getting the proxy detected. Using variables like via and XFF, the result of using the XFF and via is that passes the client ip address or don't. it's seems to have nothing to do with the problem of the cache being visible or don't.

Via off XFF off = clients source ip it's shown, proxy detected.

Via on XFF on = clients source ip it's not shown (shows proxy ip), proxy not detected.

Tnxs!
Facundo Vilarnovo