[squid-users] squid and IP fun...

From: Anton Melser <melser.anton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:58:19 +0200

Hi all,
I have managed to get squid to cache pretty much everything I need,
and am very glad (reverse proxying two sites)! However, there is an
extra complication...
So instead of changing the DNS to make everything pass via squid, we
wanted to do it via the cisco firewall (we have two sites on two
machines, with squid serving both from one of these machines). So I
added an extra ip address to eth0 (eth0:1), with the hope that squid
would be able to handle it. In the cache logs everything looks ok...
but the site simply returns nothing. Can anyone think of something
simple I am forgetting to do here?
It works fine if I set the value in my hosts file, so I thought it
would be ok just to use the firewall to redirect... Any ideas?
Thanks for your help.
Anton