Re: [squid-users] ESI feature in squid3?

From: howard chen <howachen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 22:30:39 +0800

On 5/18/07, Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> For a medium site this serves as an flexible alternative to using
> memcached etc to cache database queries and other resource intensive
> operations, instead moving the query caching to HTTP reverse proxies.

I agree with you.

But the point of using squid + esi at the reverse proxy is to reduce
the server loading from web server.

Yes, memcached is fast, but when requests hit your php interpreter, it
is slooow and difficult to scale...

For example, we have an Apache module to fetch file caches (generated
by php) and send to client, this really help us a lot by hiding our
php execution.

seems that only akamai has mature implementation right now...

Howard