[squid-users] Kinder, gentler ignore-auth option

From: Benno Blumenthal <benno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:43:34 -0400

Hello,

I tried the ignore-auth option in 2.6STABLE12 and found that it
destroyed authentication, i.e. it behaves like

Cache-Control: public
Vary:

Not clear if that it what is intended or not. Would it be possible
to have the behavior

Cache-Control: public
Vary: Authorization

either in ignore-auth or in some other option? Then authorization
would still work, and it would cache for each user under Basic
authentication (not digest, unfortunately).

I also tried header_replace, but that only works if the header lines are
there, not if they are missing. And even if I got the Header lines in
there, not clear that squid would pay attention to them without running
it through squid twice.

Benno

Benno