Re: [squid-users] Connection refused

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 01:51:04 +1200

Mehmet, Levent (Accenture) wrote:
> Thanks
>
> How would I resolve this as it is blocking sites we need access to ?

I would suggest you NOT allow your customers or clients free access to
spamsites. Whoever nul-routed that domain seems to have a good reason
for it.
As a UK government official you should understand when I say Steve has
them Spamhaus listed.
http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/evidence.lasso?rokso_id=ROK6042

dpbolvw.net appears to be a domain owned by cj.com a subsidiary of
valueclick.com AKA hispeedmedia.com a well-known long-term spammer.
cj.com has with several hundred reports of click-thru spamming under
their belt already for just that site this month. themselves have
several thounsand reports and the more links down the chain the more it
blows out.
(Hint: to have a ROKSO report you *MUST* have been kicked off at least
*three* ISP for spamming abuse.)

Oh and in case you thought they might provide a service, they appear to
be using/selling the *free* google tracker service instead of their own
while claiming to be an 'original marketing information source'.

Amos