[squid-users] Upgrading from 2.5.9 to 2.6.5 - woes + squish woes

From: D & E Radel <radel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 16:50:48 +1200

Hi there,

I was running Debian old stable until today. I upgraded to current stable, rebooted and all was
fine. Squid seemed fine.

I then installed Squish - which went badly, so I removed it as per their FAQ file. Squid was a no
go. I then reverted to my old previously working squid.conf and now have the error:

     squidFATAL no ports defined!

Dang! Adding the line: "HTTP_PORT 3128" stops the error, but now I get no authentication prompt in
my browser. Restarting squid is fine, but it doesn't seem to talk to my client's browser anymore.

I guess that I need to back-track, so armed with my old squid.conf, what can I do now - besides
reverting to an early image of my drive? My squid.conf uses LDAP authentication with a Windows 2003
Server.

Thanks in advance.
D.Radel.