Re: [squid-users] Upgrading from 2.5.9 to 2.6.5 - woes + squish woes

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:24:04 +1200

D & E Radel wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was running Debian old stable until today. I upgraded to current
> stable, rebooted and all was fine. Squid seemed fine.
>
> I then installed Squish - which went badly, so I removed it as per their
> FAQ file. Squid was a no go. I then reverted to my old previously
> working squid.conf and now have the error:
>
> squidFATAL no ports defined!
>
> Dang! Adding the line: "HTTP_PORT 3128" stops the error, but now I get
> no authentication prompt in my browser. Restarting squid is fine, but it
> doesn't seem to talk to my client's browser anymore.
>
> I guess that I need to back-track, so armed with my old squid.conf, what
> can I do now - besides reverting to an early image of my drive? My
> squid.conf uses LDAP authentication with a Windows 2003 Server.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> D.Radel.

You will need to check all the settings in your old working conf against
the Release Notes about changes between 2.5 and 2.6. There have been
quite a few improvements at the boundary.

For more detailed help we will need to see a copy of the original conf
to point out the new ways of setting some parts up.

Amos